I’ve been searching for my go to store; my one stop shop for fashion. I don’t have a lot of time to shop so I need a store that iIcan get just about anything and everything from. It used to be forever 21; yup I was a forever 21 girl!. Ever since ive graduated and gotten a real job ive noticed i need to make a few wardrobe adjustments. So my first stop was J.Crew and Banana republic.
Here is a picture of the shirts that i bought( they arent the exact prints and colors but the style of the shirts are the same; also are the prices all the shirts at BR were roughtly $64)
- Fashion Forward( Younger feel)
- Good Quality, Great Feel: overtime i will evaluate the true quality.
Here is my MAJOR Con! J.Crew is clearly geared towards petite/ thinner women. I’m a medium in shirts and i have large breasts. I’m 5’8 and 175lbs; I”m not overweight but I do have to be mindful of tops and how they fit on me. I can’t just walk in to any store and everything is going to fit. Everything in J.Crew had very tight(minimal stretch); stiff fabrics. I did find shirts in a large but nothing fit me right. I found a shirt I loved and bought it but it definitely will not be the store that is my go too. That store is going to be a hit or miss for me.
- Mature clothing; the cuts on the dresses and styling often times does not look very youthful
- The quality and the feel of the shirts were amazing.
- Everything fit appropriately; it was not hard to find things in my size.
- As far as business attire this store is spot on. I work for Hudson so my daily work outfit is jeans and a t-shirt. Some of the shirts were too dressy for my job; but I did find some very playful pieces.
Gap: I bought one button up shirt from Gap. It was fairly thin and im a little unsure about the quality of it; but like I said I was at the outlet so that may be why. I will have to wear the shirt and see how it goes.
I’ve recently grown out of fast fashion and am really trying to find some timeless pieces for my wardrobe. If I had to recommend a store for the average consumer I would definitely recommend Banana Republic over J.Crew. It’s also a little bit more on the prepster side; whereas BR is more classic. J.Crew is definitely a store of personal preference where as BR is a store that’s more open to different consumers.
Please leave any questions or comments you have below! I would love to answer them! Thanks for reading!