The Foreo Luna comes with two segments to your cleansing routine. The first is meant for the front of the Luna, in which it pauses every 20 seconds to let you know to move to the other part of your face. The second segment is meant for the back of the luna, which is the anti-aging portion of the routine. I personally don’t like the way the back of the Luna feels so I don’t use it; instead, I use the second segment to exfoliate my lips. After the first segment I rinse off my Foreo Luna, and I add exfoliant to my lips (currently using the one from bite beauty). I scrub for about 30 seconds and then rinse.
I find that it pairs best with liquid cleansers and exfoliators, instead of balms or gels. I prefer to apply cleanser directly on the Luna, but it works just the same if you apply to your face first and then scrub. The silicon makes it extremely easy to clean and I’m never leery about leaving it in the shower. I use this every single day and I have only charged it once in the 6 months. The battery life is out of this world amazing!
All in all, I love using it and would highly recommend it for us dry to normal girls!
What is your current skin care favorite?
How to use
One of my goals for 2017 is to focus more on skincare. My skincare routine has always consisted of soap & water, and although I hear it’s a cardinal sin it works fine for me. As of recently, I’ve been wanting to do a little bit more to give my skin some oomph. My desert dry skin is always in desperate need of moisture so I figured a proper skincare routine could do just that.
Last year I bought the Clinique three step system and it broke me out terribly. The system requires you to use it twice a day and it comes with a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer; which I think was just too much for my skin. I got rid of it and have been looking for a replacement ever since. When I started researching on YouTube I noticed that everyone’s routine was either too long or required too many products. I knew I didn’t want to spend 15 minutes cleaning my face every day, so I wanted products that could be multipurpose.
My first stop was Sephora, where a lady sold me on the Kate Somerville goat milk cleanser. I liked it because it was nonfoaming, which dries out my naturally dry skin, and it also worked as a moisturizer. It didn’t leave my skin feeling tight or stripped like most cleansers do. I went back and purchased the full bottle and so far it’s just O.K. I’ve been using it for a couple of months and for the $35 price tag I don’t think it does anything spectacular.
Next purchase was something to help hydrate my skin. I’ve tried lotion after lotion but nothing that feels like it really seeps into my skin. I’ve heard rave reviews about the Tarte Maracuja and Its been on my wishlist for a while. When I found out that it came in an affordable travel size, I decided to purchase. A little bit of this product goes a long way, so the small size will last a while. I typically apply this right after removing my makeup with the Tatcha Cleansing Oil.
I’ve been on the hunt for is a daily exfoliant so if you have any suggestions let me know!
Have you used any of the above products?
Let me start off by saying I NEVER shop like this. The most money I’ve spent at Sephora at one time has been $60. I’m what I like to call a cautious buyer. I read reviews, sample, buy the smallest version and then after I’ve worn and tested it for several months I finally buy the full size. So believe me when I say this is a tad bit out of character for me but nonetheless I’m really happy with everything I got!
Ps: grab a snack, this post is gonna be a long one.
- Too Faced Hangover Primer: I have dry skin, so this was a no brainier. I currently use the Smashbox hydrating primer but I’m always in need of more!
- MUFE Mattifying Primer: you’re probably thinking “didn’t she just say she has dry skin?”. I do but I still get a little oily in my t-zone. I like to use a mattifying primer for when I’m using heavy liquid foundations, or on days when I need my makeup to last me all day.
- Dior Everlasting Primer: I’ve never bought high-end makeup before, but this one was a must. It’s been on my mind ever since I sampled it months ago. My motto is if you’ve thought about it for longer than a week then it’s your due diligence to buy it!
- Tatcha Skin Mist: This is a YouTube made me buy it. I love dewy skin and I’ve heard this is the ultimate skin mist. The price tag was hefty but worth the buy.
- Smashbox Primer Water: Running low on my Mac Fix plus, so I thought I would try this in the meantime. Bought the travel version just in case I don’t like it.
- MUFE Ultra HD: As I’ve mentioned in this post I have a hard time finding my foundation shade. MUFE is known for its shade range, and Sephora color match sent me this way.
- Nars Velvet Matte Tint (returned): I ended up returning this item but for the short time that I had it, I loved it. Unfortunately, I don’t like foundations with SPF (the flashback kills me), so I swapped it out for MUFE ultra HD. I may repurchase it later but right now it’s too hard to tell what my summer shade would be.
- MUFE Duo Mat Powder: I haven’t found a good powder foundation in a while and I’ve heard good things about this one (again from YouTube). I’m lacking on powder brushes so I haven’t really used this yet, but the shade match is perfect!
Sephora Concealer Palette: This is something I haven’t seen anyone raving about. In the midst of the color correcting hype, I think this may have flown under the radar. Either way I love it! Full review coming soon.
KVD Shade and Light Eye Palette: I’m a little late on the bandwagon with this one but it really wasn’t on my radar until a few days ago. I like KVD (since the days of her doing tattoos on reality tv) and when I can support her brand I do.
- ABH That Glow: one can never have too many highlighters. I went into Sephora every day of the VIB sale and finally found this on the last day!
- Becca Champagne Pop: super late on picking this up but who can resist Becca highlighters. Officially the third in my collection!
- Benefit They’re Real Push-up Liner: I’ve heard this liner was the key to a good cat eye. Since I have yet to master it I’m hoping this liner will help.
- Tarteist Liner: This was sampled a while back and I loved the lasting power. The brush that they give you with the liner is amazing as well!
Too Faced Better Than Sex: Just a re-purchase. Favorite mascara ever. I even asked the Sephora sales associate if there was another mascara she would choose and she said better than sex was hard to beat!
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb: Since my dance with marc jacobs daisy was a bust, I wanted to go for a warmer scent. I bought this on a whim because the sign in front of it said best seller. So far I LOVE IT.
What did you buy during the Sephora VIB Sale? Do you have any of the above products?