Every year I look forward to the month of November because this is when I go crazy at Sephora. I save all year and put together a longggg wishlist so that I’m prepared for when the sale launches. This year I did things a little different. Some things I bought from my wishlist and other things I bought on a whim simply because I was trying to step out of my shell and try new things!!
Foundations + Primers
Foundations and primers are probably my favorite type of makeup to buy. Of course, I always have to rotate them out based on the time of year and use them enough before they expire. Last VIB sale I bought a lot of matte foundations so this time everything was about hydration and luminosity. My skin is especially dry during the winter time so I wanted to have hydrating sprays, primers, and foundations to give me a healthy glow.
Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (Warm Almond)
Smashbox Foundation Stick (4.2 Neutral Brown)
Smashbox Hydrating Foundation (Color 4)
Nars Velvet Matte Foundation Stick (Cadiz)
Laura Mercie Candleglow Soft Foundation (Pecan)
Huda Beauty Faux Filter (Cinnamon)
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
Too Faced Hangover Setting Spray
Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray (returned)
- Smashbox Liquid Lipstick (Disorderly & True Grit) I love my colourpop lippies and for the past year, those are the only lipsticks I’ve worn. I wanted to try something new and I saw amazing reviews on Smashbox liquid lipsticks and these colors are perfect for fall!
- Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick (Sanctuary & Plath) I’m a huge fan of KVD liquid lipsticks and she was actually the first brand that I bought liquid lipsticks from. She came out with new shades months ago and I never picked any up so I decided to grab some easy wearable colors to add to my makeup collection.
- Guerlain Bronzer #7: I’d probably say out of all the makeup products I have tried to find, bronzers are the most difficult to find. Makeup companies simply don’t make bronzers for deeper skin tones, so I often have to bronze with a deeper foundation. Another unfortunate thing is most deeper foundations lean on the red undertone so even as a bronzer it’s not as cool toned as I would want it to be. I swatched this in stores and it seemed deep enough, neutrally undertoned and buildable. SO we will see how it performs!
- Bobbie Brown Blush (Sand Pink) + Becca Blush (Hycinth & Songbird) You guys…..I havent bought blush in probably 2 years. I don’t know if its just me but I feel like all blushes look the same. I swatched this in store and it was super pigmented plus my Bobbi Brown and Becca highlighters are perfectly milled so I have high hopes for these blushes!.
- Smashbox Perfecting Powder (Medium/Dark): All the powder foundations I have either don’t have enough coverage or make my face look dry. I wanted to buy bare minerals but alllll of their powder foundations were very red so the clerk recommended Smashbox instead.
Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette: the oh so raved about Huda palette! I’m not a big eyeshadow girl (although I have 5 palettes) but I have been trying to use my palettes more. This is definitely a YouTube made me buy it purchase but I’m hoping it lives up to its hype! I also picked up some of her lashes in the style Sasha.