If you’re a visual person like me then creating a wedding Pinterest board is an automatic must have. I had a lot of concepts in my head but seeing it visually kept me inspired and organized. See below for some tips on how to create a Pinterest wedding board!
Even if you don’t know the exact word to describe your wedding start pinning and eventually a theme will develop. Either a color pattern, a consistency in materials you like, etc. For example, I knew from the beginning that I wanted a lavender and ivory wedding. As I was pinning those things I noticed that all the pins I added to my board had rose gold accents. Eventually, I decided to incorporate rose gold in my overall wedding theme!
Separate your boards
If you’ve been planning your wedding gradually then you know your wedding Pinterest board is probably a thousand pins long now. As you can see above mine is at a whopping 956 Pins. Once the ring is actually on your finger and the date is set things pick up really quickly and you won’t have time to find that one pin you liked a year ago. My suggestion is to break everything out. A wedding dress board, a flowers board, reception vs ceremony etc. You can make them as detailed as you want, just depends on your preference. I actually did not do this and now almost 2,000 pins later I wish I had. It would have taken me too much time to go back and separate everything out into its right board. I try my best to make mental notes, which brings me to my next point…
Comment on the photos you pin
This will come extremely handy later down the line (when your 1000 pins deep) and you can’t remember what specifically made you pin that photo. I used the comment option quite often for my wedding dresses board. I would see a dress that had the bustier I liked, or the train I wanted. I may not have liked the whole dress so I would use the comment section to notate which part I did like.
Add your friends
If you’ve picked your bridesmaids early like me (almost 3 weeks after my engagement) then make sure to add them to your Pinterest wedding board so that they can post pins that go along with your theme. Since every pinner has different recommendations they may see something that may not ever end up on your feed. My maid of honor is especially crafty so I plan on having her pin some DIY things she might be able to help me do. Or if you hate planning but one of your bridesmaids loves to plan you can have her get started with some ideas. It’s such an easy way to have everyone pitch in, especially for those that live far away.
There are a million things you can do with your Pinterest board, the options are really endless but these were just some things I personally did that made my process run a lot smoother.
Hope they help!
Let me start off by saying I NEVER shop like this. The most money I’ve spent at Sephora at one time has been $60. I’m what I like to call a cautious buyer. I read reviews, sample, buy the smallest version and then after I’ve worn and tested it for several months I finally buy the full size. So believe me when I say this is a tad bit out of character for me but nonetheless I’m really happy with everything I got!
Ps: grab a snack, this post is gonna be a long one.
- Too Faced Hangover Primer: I have dry skin, so this was a no brainier. I currently use the Smashbox hydrating primer but I’m always in need of more!
- MUFE Mattifying Primer: you’re probably thinking “didn’t she just say she has dry skin?”. I do but I still get a little oily in my t-zone. I like to use a mattifying primer for when I’m using heavy liquid foundations, or on days when I need my makeup to last me all day.
- Dior Everlasting Primer: I’ve never bought high-end makeup before, but this one was a must. It’s been on my mind ever since I sampled it months ago. My motto is if you’ve thought about it for longer than a week then it’s your due diligence to buy it!
- Tatcha Skin Mist: This is a YouTube made me buy it. I love dewy skin and I’ve heard this is the ultimate skin mist. The price tag was hefty but worth the buy.
- Smashbox Primer Water: Running low on my Mac Fix plus, so I thought I would try this in the meantime. Bought the travel version just in case I don’t like it.
- MUFE Ultra HD: As I’ve mentioned in this post I have a hard time finding my foundation shade. MUFE is known for its shade range, and Sephora color match sent me this way.
- Nars Velvet Matte Tint (returned): I ended up returning this item but for the short time that I had it, I loved it. Unfortunately, I don’t like foundations with SPF (the flashback kills me), so I swapped it out for MUFE ultra HD. I may repurchase it later but right now it’s too hard to tell what my summer shade would be.
- MUFE Duo Mat Powder: I haven’t found a good powder foundation in a while and I’ve heard good things about this one (again from YouTube). I’m lacking on powder brushes so I haven’t really used this yet, but the shade match is perfect!
Sephora Concealer Palette: This is something I haven’t seen anyone raving about. In the midst of the color correcting hype, I think this may have flown under the radar. Either way I love it! Full review coming soon.
KVD Shade and Light Eye Palette: I’m a little late on the bandwagon with this one but it really wasn’t on my radar until a few days ago. I like KVD (since the days of her doing tattoos on reality tv) and when I can support her brand I do.
- ABH That Glow: one can never have too many highlighters. I went into Sephora every day of the VIB sale and finally found this on the last day!
- Becca Champagne Pop: super late on picking this up but who can resist Becca highlighters. Officially the third in my collection!
- Benefit They’re Real Push-up Liner: I’ve heard this liner was the key to a good cat eye. Since I have yet to master it I’m hoping this liner will help.
- Tarteist Liner: This was sampled a while back and I loved the lasting power. The brush that they give you with the liner is amazing as well!
Too Faced Better Than Sex: Just a re-purchase. Favorite mascara ever. I even asked the Sephora sales associate if there was another mascara she would choose and she said better than sex was hard to beat!
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb: Since my dance with marc jacobs daisy was a bust, I wanted to go for a warmer scent. I bought this on a whim because the sign in front of it said best seller. So far I LOVE IT.
What did you buy during the Sephora VIB Sale? Do you have any of the above products?