In my old apartment, I had an amazing vanity. It had a beautiful long granite counter top, with a sink on one end and a big open space on the other. It was perfect because my boyfriend could be brushing his teeth and I could be on the other side doing my makeup. When we made the move to the bay area we gave up our lovely apartment, and I’ve been without a vanity ever since. The house we are in now doesn’t have a lot of counter space, so I have no place to store my makeup. I created a vanity in my room but since the lighting was bad, I had to come up with another option. My mother bought me a makeup train case and I absolutely love it. Instead of me having to go back and forth to the bedroom I can now put all my makeup in the train case and carry it into the bathroom. I’m hoping to shoot a video to show you everything that I have in it but for now here is a quick run-through.
Items Included: A lock, adjustable tabs, and a arm strap.
Durability: The train case itself is very sturdy. Initially my mom ordered one from overstock.com and it looked great online but when we got it the case looked like plastic instead of aluminum, and the inside was made from a flimsy cardboard. It just wasn’t worth the 50 bucks she paid for it so we returned it and I decided to get a Sephora train case. Now I will say that this was double the price $120, but the quality is so much better. It’s really sturdy and the trays are this hard plastic that are extremely durable. I definitely think this is a product that should be bought in person, so you can feel the quality of it.
- Very stable: The shelves aren’t wobbly and It opens and closes very easily
- Easy to Clean: One of my powders broke in the box and I took a makeup remover wipe and it cleaned right up.
- Not very heavy: It looks like a solid case, and it is but its very lightweight.
- It won’t fit everything. If you have a small makeup collection then this is great for you. But if you have a growing collection such as myself then you will have to pick and choose which items will go in here.
- Second shelve: I like the second shelve but its hard to reach products since it doesn’t pull out all the way. Its not the most accessible
- Adjustable compartments: The case comes with tabs so that you can adjust the size of the compartments but they are hard to pull out and put back in. The two bottom tabs are really hard to adjust.
The color that I have is limited edition but if you would like to purchase a the case in a different color click here!