I’ve been using Clinique 3 step system( dry skin) for about 3 months now and I wanted to do an update on the product and the results I’ve gotten.
Here is a quick breakdown of the pro’s and con’s
1. It lasts a long time: You’re supposed to use it twice a day and I’ve been using it for 3 months and still have plenty left. A little goes along way with this product
2. Moisturizer:The BEST. My face stays moisturized all day.
3. Removes blemishes: I had a breakout on Monday and on Tuesday my skin was clear.
1. Your skin will breakout if you don’t use it consistently: the product is designed to be used twice a day, morning/night. If you don’t use it like that your skin will eventually breakout. I’m currently in the process of switching over to using it once a day( in the morning), which is working fine for me, but if you have sensitive skin you will need to use this religiously.
2. Doesn’t remove scars: I bought this to help my skin stay clear and scar free. The dark spots on my face are still there
3. Don’t really need all 3 parts: The first step is just a face wash( which you could easy swap for regular soap), the second is clarifying( which you could easily get for cheaper; clean & clear and Clearasil have some very affordable face washes). The moisturizer however is the best I’ve ever had for my face. I would buy this product (solely) again and it works as a great primer for my makeup.
I would only recommend this product if you have really sensitive skin and need an intensive skin care regime. For those that have good skin and just need something to clear your pores and prevent breakouts then I would suggest getting a more affordable option. I bought this from the Clinique counter at Macy for $75; but if you want to start off small they do offer a 3 week supply that you can test drive.
I didn’t take any photos because the scaring and dark spots are still there. I already have clear skin and this did help to maintain that but there was no dramatic difference. Womp womp.